Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 2 - The Kingdom of God is Among You


Today my need for pause and reflection came in the form of a whisper. The gentle nudge of the spirit reminding me of opportunities he places before me.
 
 
God is incredibly aware of my need for a reminders.
It was a mellow night in our household. Everyone seemed to be content in their own activities. I was feeling a little more tired than my norm so I decided to grab my Bible and my journal and head to my bedroom for some early quiet time. I finished my reading for the day and started in on my journaling, when my door opened with a "whatcha doing Mom?" from my 7 year old. "I'm having my quiet time" I tell her, hoping it will suffice her curious personality. Not a chance. She happily comes and crawls in next to me and proceeds to interrogate my every move. I do not happily admit, that my thoughts were headed towards frustration when the whisper came.
Teach.
I paused and intentionally opened my heart to see the amazing opportunity God had given me to show my daughter a part of how I have a relationship with Jesus. I explained to her my reading plan and how I journal and she explored the bible app on my phone that holds my reading plan and asked questions about the verses I was writing down after she read them.  Her little curious heart ate up my every word.
I was reminded that her relationship with Jesus will be as unique as we are as individual humans.
I was reminded that Jesus was the ultimate teacher. That in order to see the Kingdom among us, I need to be open to seeing those teaching moments and do my best to be more like Jesus in the midst of them.

 And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Deuteronomy 6:6-7

 

A whisper to pause. An extraordinary teaching moment. A valuable lesson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews